Friday, February 26, 2016

Working on another goal




I have finally decided to pull the Wool BOM project back and try to get it finished.
I moved things around from the original pattern because one of the blocks for the corners isn't stitched at an angle. I can still use it, I just have to put it in a different corner and that forced other blocks to move.

I'm leaning toward the second layout (bottom photo). My background fabric is a satin brocade that BF gifted me from her mom's stash. Mom was supposed to do this project with BF, but passed away suddenly and I volunteered to assume her space.

My next decision is to try and figure out if I want to do a stitched border. There are four designs to choose from, but with my background fabric I'm just not seeing it.





These are my choices and they will be embroidered and wool appliqued.

They are beautiful and BF chose to do #1 on hers and it's turning out gorgeous, but she's doing hers on a cream background to match her blocks. 

So I'm going to leave my laid out and see how it feels for a bit and find something else to occupy my mind for a bit :)
Feel free to weigh in, your opinions will be appreciated :)

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like number one, also. Definitely NOT number two. It looks way too busy or small or something. Three and four are good. If you don't want to do the same one as your BFF, then I think I'd go with three.

Allie-oops Designs said...

This is going to be so gorgeous - I like borders one and three.