Monday, March 3, 2014

"On fire . . . "

That's what someone (very special) said about my productivity this past month. And you know what, it feels really good. :)

In my attempt to keep that flame burning, I've been busy planning and scheduling projects and they are coming in.

Two new posts since the weekend:




I've already pulled my floss and done my prep work on this project.



I still haven't done the first two blocks, but my goal for March is to have all three done by the end of the month. I'm planning on starting this week.

As for the rest of the day, it was Monday so that meant at least some cleaning and laundry, errands. One of the errands was going to the library. I ordered three of Tone Finegar's books. Not that I really need another project, but BFF and I have meeting for breakfast on Tuesday and she wanted to see them. She has a more difficult time ordering and getting books than I do. 

My evening plans include a couple of movies and some hand sewing on another project - a UFO - that I'm trying to finish.


That project falls under my participation in the 30/30 Sewing Challenge.


I finished my fourth block for my wall hanging that I told you about over the weekend. This was a free design I found on Pinterest.



I used blue beads for the berries on the vine surrounding the snowman.


I don't know about you, but I get bored with just back stitching. Yes, it's looks great when it's done, but you have to change it up a bit. I satin stitched the hearts and I love the way the variegation shows up.


Here are all four of the blocks. Two are portrait and two are landscape layouts. Next step, finishing the layout design and pulling fabric. I'm hoping to have this one done by the end of the week.

I received a VERY pleasant surprise in the mail today.


I won the random drawing for the Birthday Love Stash from Wendy.


Lovely Wendy had this charm pack set aside for me and it arrived today.


And a lovely little bonus :) I love these Marishka dolls. Isn't she lovely? Thank you Wendy :) I love her.

Thank you for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative week.








No comments: