Thursday, April 3, 2014

Thursday surprises

My week has been pretty busy with phone calls, yard work and playing catch up with Bethlehem.

 
These are two of the eight angels in this heavenly band. Just had to show you some of the detail I've used to make this block so much more fun than it already is. I just love it. I was nervous because the instructions call for a lot of metallic thread. That wasn't working for me, so I went off on my creative own and these are just a couple of the results. Can't wait to show you the finished block . . . if I ever get there.

Today was spent with Mom. We did some cleaning, shared a pleasant lunch and had some unexpected visitors . . . 


 

Two tom turkeys, two roosters and two hens. It rained all day, wonder if they were looking for Noah's Ark? Mom has lived in the same house since 1971. It's where I grew up. We've never seen chickens and turkeys before. It was kind of fun.

Today was really chilly with all the rain and we are expecting more for the next several days at least, but tomorrow it's supposed to be back int he 70s. Can I tell you how nice it is to say that instead of sharing the Artic vortex? Along with the warmer temperatures come pretty things to share.

We have to share all the beautiful blooms before a rabbit or deer come along and make a meal out of them. :)

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful flowers! How much fun it must have been to see those birds right in your yard - or your mom's yard, anyway. How lucky you are to be able to spend the day with your mom. I love your details on the Bethlehem block. I'm not fond of metallic threads myself, so I like seeing what you did.

e said...

Isn't it funny how something so simple and out of the ordinary can make for some excitement. It was fun seeing those birds.
Thank you for your comments on the embroidery. I am having a lot of fun with this block. And have come to appreciate just the touches of metallic thread.