Thursday, August 18, 2016

Helping "paws" . . . hinder "paws"

 One of my goals for this week was to finish a UFO
I pulled out the "mystery" quilt from 2015.

All that was left to do was to sandwich, quilt and bind it.
I spent the first part of the week getting it ready for machine quilting.


Rocky, being the nice, quiet, independent pup that he is . . .


came to help me . . . maybe hinder . . . 

He is definitely persistent and more than a bit demanding. But I give in every time :)


Hinder or not, the bin is now officially empty . . . 

"Fabulous"


 


The "mystery" of this was that you got instructions, no pictures and you were left to interpret. This is how mine came out. One of the instructions were to incorporate a word. Mine was "Be Fabulous" and that's where I'm getting the name. I'm not overly thrilled with this project, but I don't hate it. Now that it's done, I'm glad I did it. I have to say I prefer something much more structured.


I ran across these two beauties in my yard. 

Yes, it's in the air . . . 

autumn :)

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with countless blessings.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job on it, and it looks very creative to me. Sometimes it's good to get out of our comfort zone!

Allie-oops Designs said...

Haha Rocky looks so cozy - such a good helper! Love your quilt, good to get out of the comfort zone sometimes!