Wednesday, May 31, 2017

CELEBRATING

I'm celebrating the beginning of my week. I have my house back to myself again.
I love my husband and son, but I love my time to myself too :)

I kept up on chores, but you know for every one done, two more crop up. I'll do them each day as time and energy permit.

I/we, Rocky and I, started our day with a walk. Even though I was up at 6, we really can't do much until after 8, when Newton leaves for school.  I have an app on my phone that records steps and activity. What was a 30 minute walk a month ago is now only 17 !!! We are going to have to extend it to get the time in. This is a new change starting today - we are going to walk first thing in the morning and again in the evening, maybe around 7.

Another change I've made is to stop drinking everything except water after dinner. I had to go out, so I'm picking up a new scale to help keep track of my progress. I just feel the need to get healthier.

I spent most of the day feeling like I was chasing my tail. . . laundry, errands, phone calls. It was 2 p.m. before I got my sewing time in. I spent my 30 minutes quilting redwork. I felt I made good progress in that time. So much so, that I kept coming back to it. I probably ended up with about 2 hours total sewing time.

One goal has been accomplished . . . 


I finished the sheep block.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity and productivity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Those all sound like healthy things you're doing to improve your health and endurance. That is the cutest sheep block.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Excellent - I need to get back to my exercising, this schedule change has thrown me all off, lol. And it just changed again! I love your sheep block!