Thursday, February 16, 2023

Bog Writing Challenge and Weekly Goals

 Most Impactful Class

Home Economics in high school because it got me comfortable making things on the sewing machine and in the kitchen. Actually, it's a lot more. It's confidence building and it's skill building. It also has a way of expanding into other areas of your life: relationships, gardening, etc.


Confidence to try new techniques and learn new skills beyond what the machine can do. There is hand sewing, embroidery. These go hand in hand with machine sewing.


Skill building has helped me make garments, quilts, gifts, mending, and some very minor alterations. All our machine skills can be done by hand and at one time in our history, they were.


And of course, these skills spill into our daily lives. You just have to look around.


Goals for February 12-18, 2023

1. UFO/OMG - Tiny Houses Quilt

2. SAHRR - rounds 3 and 4

3. Daisy Days - finish block 2

- begin block 3

4. CQ - stitch one pane per day

5. One Garment - cut out pattern

6. Baby Quilt - Hedge Hugs Block 2

7. Sister Time - Woolie Gnomes #4

- field trip :)


Busy week, here's hoping it all gets touched :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

What a great list of goals, and I think I've heard about most of them getting some work. I like your thoughts on the most impactful class. Home Ec was something my aunt insisted I do every year of high school, in addition to secretarial classes and the advanced academic ones. I never had any free time! But, there's none of it that wasn't a blessing sooner or later, and that includes the home ec.