Sunday, February 5, 2023

Day 8 - Blog Writing Challenge - Goals for January 28 - February 4

 Day 8

Skills I Wish I Had


This one is hard for me. Not because I think I've mastered everything, not even close. But determining what I'd like to learn how to do them. As I write this my thoughts are going in a direction.


Things have changed for me since the pandemic and moving to a new home and new city. My attitude towards sewing and stitching have  changed.


The skills I wish I had have more to do with not trying to do everything:


- not collecting every pattern I come across

- not committing to too many projects

- being more selective of what I purchase

- being more selective in the projects I pursue

- fall in love again with projects I've already started, especially all the supplies I've purchased; or be willing to let them go

- use what I have

- finish what I've started

- and finally, being patient with myself as my tastes and desires change. I'm in a new season of life and getting used to that takes time.


Goals for January 28 - February 4

1. Daisy Days - Block 1

- continue stitching - DONE 


2. CQ BOM 

- continue stitching - DONE - a little progress




3. Sew One Garment

- choose pattern, fabric - DONE

I will be making the long sleeve top from this tan plaid knit.
 


4. Mending

- get as much done as I can - DONE 

I didn't get it all done, but made some progress.


5. Read

- finish book - DONE




6. TV Table Projects

- Hello Spring - DONE

This was the first wool project my sister and I did together last year. We got them both done and put together. The hold up was that little white sign at the top. Honey Do cut it out in a really thin wood. I painted and drew the design this week. It's hand stitched in place and may not stay there, but it's there for now.
 

- Elefantz Duck - DONE !! :)

 


 This one makes me really happy!! I saw the idea at Tractor Supply Company. The central design was of a chicken. So I found it on line and showed it to him. A couple of days later I had the box with an open frame. I've been wanting to make the Elefantz duck for a number of years. I found the fabric and fell in love with it and matched the threads to it. As a last minute thought, I added the cotton crocheted thread. I absolutely LOVE this project. It took longer to finish than I wanted but now I just have to find the perfect wall in the kitchen for it :)

 

- Calendar Girl - November - DONE




7 - Stay At Home Round Robin (SAHRR)

- complete rounds one and two - DONE


The center was contributed from my friend, Moira.

I'm not following the rounds specifically, but will wait each week to see what's offered and then decide what I want to do for the next round. This will also be my monthly baby quilt donation.


8. Sister Time

Woolie Gnomes - Block 2

We didn't get them finished, but made good progress. Both of us only have a couple of trees and the moon to finish stitching.
 


February Goals - February 5-11

1. UFO/OMG

Tiny Houses Quilt - finish quilting


2. SAHRR - Round 3


3. Daisy Days - Block 2

tint and begin stitching

decide on finishing fabrics


4. Crazy Quilt - finish block 1


5. Sew One Garment

Cut out pattern


6. Baby Quilt - Hedge Hugs

prep block 2


7. Read one book


8. One Gift per Month

make the next gift


9. Sister Time

Woolie Gnomes - block 2

finish stitching

- Block 3 - prep and begin stitching


Have a good week.


1 comment:

Susan said...

Some good reflections there on changes, and directions you want to pursue. Lots of progress on different projects means more new starts, even if it's just the next block in a series, You did well this week, and I bet you do well next week, too!