Friday, February 24, 2023

Goals for February 19-24, 2023

 

Goals for February 19-24, 2023

1. UFO/OMG - Tiny Houses Quilt

DONE!!

 

 
The whole quilt
 
 
The center

 
My label - I took the design from one of Elefantz's patterns.


 The back. I used a wave stitch and did lines.
 
 
The tiny ants from the June block.

 
December block (sorry it's sideways).

 
May block.


 June Block.
 
I began stitching the blocks in 2015. It sat for a while before I sandwiched it. I used poly batting, because at the time it's what I had on hand and it needed to be used up. I had it on a hand quilt rack to be hand quilted, but just never got into it. Honey Do even bought me a tv to keep me company while I worked on it. Just never did. I packed it up when we moved. Last month, I asked my sister to choose a box from among the UFOs, and this is the one she chose. So glad she did, because now it's no longer a UFO :) 

 

2. SAHRR - rounds 3 and 4

I horribly behind. I will be working on this today. 

 

3. Daisy Days - finish block 2 DONE !!


- begin block 3 DONE !!

None of the flower centers are done because I'm debating about putting little yellow  buttons. If I decide to go that way, they will be put on last. If I don't, then I'll be stitching centers at the end.
 

4. CQ - stitch one pane per day - Progress made

Progress is slow, but with only five more panes, I should be able to finish the block this month.
 

5. One Garment - cut out pattern

Nothing. Fabric and pattern chosen, but not sewn yet. I still have a few more days before month's end.

 

6. Baby Quilt - Hedge Hugs Block 2

 


Progress - all the pieces are cut out and ready to go.


7. Sister Time - Woolie Gnomes #4

DONE!!

This little guy is just adorable. We had snowflakes left over from the mittens wall hanging we did last month. I thought they would make the perfect addition.

 

And a second project finished with Sister!!

 


 Isn't she adorable?! And she went together very quickly. I took an afternoon to choose the fabrics. We spent last Friday afternoon, after our field trip, to cut out and stitch. I spent the evening stuffing and finishing.

 

- field trip :)

DONE!! 

It's a non-descript store front, but once you get inside it explodes with color!!

 
This is what you walk into . . . bright, clean, colorful, eclectic!!
 

Pretty cottons. I managed to find one for my Shoebox partner :) Also, lots of hand dyed wools. I love having more than one source.

 

Threads, all kinds, including silk embroidery and Shashiko.

 

 
And gift items.
 
My sister and I had a good time. It's very relaxing and everyone is very friendly and helpful. I didn't get a picture, but there is also a very nice sized classroom with lots of quilts on display. The proprietress, Sue Spargo, travels a lot and is very well respected. Her classes sell out very quickly. Maybe, someday . . .
 
Okay, that's my week. I was a little more diligent this week with doing the ten minutes a day home organizing that is being hostessed by Joy . You are linked. She has a new stitch along just beginning you should check. I also spent about an hour a day stacking wood so that it can dry and season for future use.
 

 This is the unprocessed wood we purchased recently. We are widdliing away at it. Then Honey Do goes up on the "hill" and spits wood. Enough that I do a couple of loads a day. It's a good project to work on together and definitely benefits us in the long run. He's finally feeling comfortable about what we have :)
 
Have a good weekend. New goals on Monday. 


 

2 comments:

Susan said...

Lots of lovely work! The gnomes are so cute, and snowflakes a great addition. Isn't it funny how in the picture, the wood doesn't look like all that much, but then it turns into loads and loads to be carried to the shed? I'm so glad the Lord led you to that house. It's so good for both of you. Congratulations on the tiny house finish.

Karrin Hurd said...

Boy you have really gotten a lot accomplished! Great work!