Thursday, February 16, 2023

Scrap Happy

 It has been a busy month in the sewing room. Many of my projects use fabrics that I have, have had for years. So many of them are at the scrap stage. And that's not a bad thing.

 

First, one of many scrap vortex blocks. Many of these pieces are leftover cuttings from projects I've been working on. You'll recognize some of them as we go through what I've been working on.

 

 

First projects are these adorable scrap baskets. All the fabrics are left over from other projects or remnants that I picked up.


The blue and grey geometric in the first basket was used in a quilt along that was different stars. The brown in the second has been used in a couple of different quilts.

 















And here are the members of this group. You are linked and can visit to see how much scrappy fun they have had in the last month.  Thank you Kate for hostessing.
 
Me (you're here) 
 
thank you for stopping by.


 
 
 
 
 



2 comments:

Claire said...

lots of scrappy ideas there, especially the fabric baskets!

Susan said...

What great projects. I love that you made two baskets. I haven't made a single one, or a gift yet, in spite of good intentions. Your projects look great, and I love that you are doing a scrap vortex that will use up last bits and pieces. It's so good to be careful of every penny these days.