Monday, September 23, 2013

Marvelous Monday

I love Mondays . . .

Newton goes to school . . .

Honey Do goes to work . . .

I'm by myself . . .

Don't get  me wrong, I LOVE my family.  But I LOVE my time to myself.  Usually on Monday I catch up the laundry and straighten up the house from a weekend of everyone being home.

Today, was an exception to the rule:  Sister came over today.  After looking through Pinterest for some suggestions, we decided what she would like to do with the jelly roll of fabric she purchased a couple of weeks ago.  Such patience she possesses.


The fabric is called Snowman Gatherings from Moda.  It is very cute and I really like the overall prints that are included with the snowmen.  Not to mention the basic colors:  tan and blue.  It really doesn't get any better than that.

Sister got a new sewing machine and thought now was a good time to try it out.


She worked very hard to get the strips and rows sewn together.


She wanted to keep the fabric width and once it's all sewn together she'll have 4 1/2 inch blocks.

We did our best to sort the fabrics so we didn't have too much repetition of like colors.  I'd never worked with a jelly roll before, so I was a little out of my comfort zone too.

We ended up getting half the project finished.  I tried to encourage her to go home and get it finished.  Next day off we'll work on sandwiching and tying it off.


We make a good team, don't we?

I can't wait for the next day off.  I really enjoy spending time with my sister.  And I'm so honored that she chose to have me help her with this project.


Thanks for stopping by


Wishing you a creative day.

(the pumpkins are from Sister - isn't she just the most thoughtful sweet person?  I think so, but I'm more than a little prejudice. :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful relationship you two have! Did you work on a project, or spend all your time helping? Either way, I know you were chatting and laughing!

e said...

I tried really hard to allow her to do the majority of it so that she would willing claim it. I did some sewing, but I helped with pinning rows together and pressing when needed. We do have a pretty good relationship. And we both give as good as we get. I wouldn't trade her in either. :)