Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Time to Re-Group

This is the study guide for my new Bible study class.  It's only once a month and we'll have to read the first two chapters before the beginning of October.  I've started it, but haven't done nearly as much as I need to to feel like I'm really studying again.


I also downloaded a study for the book of Luke.  I haven't started that one yet either.  I've had a serious case of no-motivation since September 1st.  Those long weekends and changes in routine will do that to you.


I had a meeting this morning, stopped at the grocery store and came home and "FORCED" myself to work on my gratitude journal.  I've been logging what I'm grateful for on my calendar, but I haven't posted anything in my journal since the end of may.  I got caught up through July.  I want to get it caught up this week and then keep it up until the end of the year.

I'm rather pleased with myself.  Normally, I start these projects and don't keep them up.  This one I have.  It's been good too because I've had to think of one thing everyday to be grateful for.  I've forced myself to make it something beyond - Oh, it was a nice day today.  If I'm going to do something like this journal, then I want to challenge myself beyond what's just getting by.  What's the point if you don't challenge yourself?  What do you learn from that?  How do you grow?  That's not good enough.


So even though I haven't had much motivation the last couple of days, I have managed to put in a fair amount of time working on Block #5.  I want this stitched so that I can move on to the assembly of all the pieces and I've got some layout designs I want to play with and try based on some suggestions my sister made.

Speaking of Sister :)  She called me tonight - all excited.  She wants me - YES ME ! ! ! to help her make a quilt.  Me - who has only ever finished ONE quilt in her entire quilting life.  

Can you tell I'm excited to help her?  You bet I am.  What a huge compliment that was from her.  Such confidence.  I think that was just the shot in the arm I needed to re-group.

Thanks so much for stopping by . . . 

**

Wishing you a creative Wednesday.


**  Image downloaded from Internet.




No comments: