Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wednesday with Friends

I took the day off from crafting today.  Not that I don't do that on a regular basis already.  I'm suffering from changes in routine and still trying to adjust to the new school schedule.  I met a couple of friends for lunch today.  These sweet ladies helped me get through a week of crafting for vacation bible school.  Not only that, but they spent a couple of months helping to get all the supplies purchased, prepped and bagged so all we had to do was hand them out.  I couldn't have done it without them.

We also discussed, among many other things, having our own sewing circle and meeting every other week.  I know there are a few of you out there already doing that.  It looks like so much fun.  Wish I would have thought of it sooner.  And now that the idea has been voiced, I'm very excited and can't wait for us to meet and get started.

I spent my morning putzing around my yard picking up the remnants of summer - empty flower pots, garden hoses, plant stakes, tools, etc. and have starting putting things away for the winter.  We still have about four weeks before we have to seriously consider the end of summer, but the forecast in the past week has mentioned words like "frost" and that's when the days start getting numbered.

When I got home the mail had arrived and I got a lovely surprise from Ms. Fee in Australia.


It was a pleasant surprise because I'd forgotten I placed an order and I am extremely pleased with the contents of the package.  I'm going to attempt to make my own little change purse with the hardware and doesn't the gingham binding look fabulous with the red tonal from my Beauty project?  I'm hoping it works out.

Well, I am off to draw off a new pattern to use up the scraps that Sister left me on Monday.  I'm going to try and make a cushion out of it.

Thank you for stopping by

**


Wishing you a creative evening.


** image downloaded from Pinterest.




No comments: