Monday, September 16, 2013

Monday, Monday . . .

September is half over - ALREADY ! ! !  Have I accomplished half the things I wanted?  Of course not :)

                                        

We had a gorgeous weekend.  Clear skies, sunshine, cooler temperatures.  No one was complaining. 

                                                

We decided to spend Saturday evening outside, sitting around our chiminera.  


Autumn is the perfect time to sit outside and enjoy the lovely weather.


We roasted hot dogs . . . 


and marshmallows.  Well, some of us just burned them.


I, however, feel that I have mastered the perfectly roasted marshmallow.  Isn't it pretty?  
And yummy, too :)


Honey Do got the fire "roaring" for a bit. . . 




Typical guy - can't leave well enough alone :)


Newton had Young Marines this weekend.  So beyond playing his personal taxi, I did manage to get some stitching done.


This is block 5 of Shabby Roses Beauty designed by Jenny of Elefantz.  You can get pattern information here.  Now I'm working on getting the rest of the blocks done to finish the top.  My goal is to get this done by the end of the month.  Can't wait to show you the finished project.  I'm very excited about it.  I want to have it completely finished so I can use it for my wall hanging for February - Valentine's.  I would like the whole project done by the end of October.  Here's hoping.

We enjoyed much cooler temperatures today -  low 60s.  That means we are enjoying an early autumn.

I felt like it just couldn't decide what kind of day we were going to have - 

Overcast


OR


Sunny

:)

Pleasant, regardless.


While I was blog hopping I found a link for this pattern.

It's called Harrington and Hannah.

And it's FREE :)

The designer is Michelle May.  She has a new book coming out.  You can get all the information on the book and pattern here.

Thanks for stopping by . . .

 **


Wishing you a creative Monday.


** Image downloaded from Internet.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And get that pattern downloaded fast! It's going away in a couple of weeks, I think. I love your photos. I haven't used one of those thing in years - since we left Arizona, or before that, even. I'd love to have on here on my deck, but it's a wooden deck. Probably not a good plan!

e said...

You are always so kind. I did get the pattern downloaded. It's a beauty, isn't it.

I would have to agree, although you could probably get some kind of fire-retardent material to put beneath it to offer some additional protection. You would still have to be careful of anything that "popped" out.