Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Busy Days

Happy October !!!

Autumn around my house makes for busy days.  I am torn between what needs done in the house and what needs done in the yard.  Most days I just flop between the two.


Saturday, while I straightened up the house, Newton mowed the lawn, did some weeding in the driveway and put his clean laundry away.  I also put on a crock of vegetable beef soup.  I love my crock pot - it allows me to multi-task :)


Sunday after church, while the guys got ready for football, I spent my time in the kitchen preparing some munchies for the afternoon.

The first, a vegetable pizza.



Next, "Fried Bones".


Wish mine had turned out looking like this.  But they didn't :(


And lastly, bacon wrapped cocktail sausages.



Not only did these provide afternoon munchies but they overflowed into dinner.  So the soup I put on Saturday ended up being Monday's dinner.

All these recipes I found on Pinterest (which is where the images are downloaded from also), using these same names.  If you can't find them and would like them, I'll be happy to provide you with a link.



Honey Do liked the soup so much that when I asked if he wanted the leftover soup or something else he said definitely the soup.  The temperatures are still in the 70s, but since we are officially in autumn, it's not the warm 70 that it is over the summer.  So it's perfect soup weather.  Tonight I'm serving it with garlic bread.  Last night it was just wheat.


* / * / * /* / * / * / * /* / * / * / * /* /

This morning, after everyone left, began with some much needed weeding.  I filled one trash can so that it can be emptied today when trash is collected.  I've tried making it my goal for the last month, to fill one trash can every day - yes, there's that much that still needs done.  Unfortunately, I'm failing miserably.  I did manage to get them filled this week but only because I went out this morning.  Since it's the end of the season I'm not very motivated to do yard work so I really have to push myself.



So this morning I pushed, I'm please with the results.



I still have more to do, but the more I do now the easier it will be in the spring.  No sooner did I finish in the garden and our "pet" squirrel arrived.  She "planted" a peanut right there at the stepping stone.  It was so funny to watch her dig the hole and then pat all the dirt back over it and perfectly in place :)


* / * / * /* / * / * / * /* / * / * / * /* /


I managed to get some stitching done last night.  I'm having a difficult time stitching on the red at night, so I've been working on that during the daylight hours.  I managed to get the snowman stitched.  



My goal was to have it finished by the time Sister came for our next sewing day.   :)



Not sure where I found this design for the stitchery, but I wanted to use up the scraps that Sister left behind.  What do you think?  It's amazing what you can do with a little leftovers.  And some stuffing, which is all that's left to do.


Thanks for stopping by.


Wishing you a creative day.


4 comments:

Wendyb said...

oh Edi, don't be down on yourself....you've got HEAPS done!!!! I know though, it doesn't feel like enough, I think the same every day!!!! Wish we were octopi!!!! LOL Your stitchery is gorgeous....will have to google snowmen stitcheries to find it...it does look familiar....love your colours too.....my faves (along with many others!!! LOL)
big warm sugary hugs xox :o)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of doing to me! I love your snowman. I think I have that pattern somewhere! I like it with the scraps. Perfect colors.

e said...

You always know how to make me feel better. Thanks for your positive encouragement.

e said...

I am very please how this little project turned out. It was a fun, in-between to do with a larger project that feels like I'm never going to get done. Need those little encouragers :)