Thursday, October 24, 2013

There's a little more than frost on our pumpkins . . .

Wednesday began like this


Thursday, I woke up to this







Yes, this is snow !!  
  The first of the season.


My vegetable gardening/harvesting has come to a screeching halt - I believe this will be my last harvest for the season.  :(  My hands were numb by the time I was done.




Does freezing rain and snow count as a killer frost?  Guess it doesn't really matter at this point.  I had a nice long growing season this year - April until now.  





I did manage to find some time to work on the baby afghan AND the baby quilt today.  I finally got the binding for the quilt made.  


I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel :)


Thanks for stopping by.


Wishing you a creative day.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way too early for that white stuff! I hope it warms up again for a little while, at least!

e said...

It seems like it, but I remember when I was a kid that we had a good cold if not snow already by the 15th (my BFF has a birthday 10/15 - so that was the mark to watch). We've been spoiled for a number of years now because it hasn't really gotten bad until December/January. Have a wonderful weekend.