Monday, November 24, 2014

What do you do during a power outage?e


I had to think about that again Monday afternoon/evening. Our power outages always seem to occur around the dinner hour. So dinner plans get scrapped for the nearest take out. Then it's drop back and punt trying to find things to do to while away the hours.

In the northern hemispher, we are in our last month of autumn. Clocks have changed and it gets dark between 5 and 5:30 p.m. That means there's not much daylight with which to play. It also means no phones, no internet, no television. The compuyter battery might make it through a movie, but I've never tried.



My sweet husband presented me with this light that he made and it's allowed me to work on baby quilt #2.


I set it in the tin can that I'm using for thread snippets on my ironing board. I managed to get about half the binding hand stitched by the time the power came back on. Feeling very productive. I should be able to finish it by mid-week.


I received another very pleasant surprise in my mailbox today.


This gorgeous sweater is a gift from BFF. She knows me too well. 
I absolutely love it.


Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sweater! I love your husband's light gift. Oh, yeah, THAT's why we keep them around, I remember now. LOL What a handy little idea. It's rechargeable? Solar? LED?