Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Mid-Week slump ??


It's 7:30 a.m.

It's dark outside

The wind is whipping at my flag on the front of the house

I can hear the wet on the roads as the salt truck has been by at least once 
since I got out of bed at 5:30 a.m.

All I want to do is go back to bed where it is warm.

We are experiencing another artic decent. Snow accumulations are forecast in the double digits.
I'm fortunate to be in a part of the state that we get a fair amount of lake-effect snowfall, but not as much as some of the more north-eastern counties. I'll be out shoveling later, so Honey Do can get back in the driveway after work. And so far, the school cancellations don't affect us, so Newton will be attending school today.


I managed to finish my Quilter's Garden blocks. I still need to purchase more buttons for the center, but it's too nasty to go out today and I ran out of time yesterday.


I also started some new quilts using leftover scraps of flannel from pajamas made in previous years.

 

As you can see they are going to be very scrappy, but the younger boys will have a good time trying to pick things out of the fabrics. And since I'm using scraps the cost factor is very affordable. 

I have more scraps to cut up to add to the collection and when I get more pj's made, there will be even more to contribute.


Off to a very productive start to 2015.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute pajamas those will make! My younger son's favorite overalls were made from red and blue corduroy scraps - one red and one blue side, front and back. Leftovers - he was only 2 or 3. =)