Saturday, May 2, 2015

A Lovely Year of Finishes - May's Goal


I started this quilt over 20 years ago.

The center block was supposed to be red, but I didn't have enough fabric for a reason I still can't figure out today. So I put it away in hopes of finding that specific red. I never did and finally decided that  I just wanted it finished.

I finished the assembly and borders in February and in March, I spent an afternoon at church and sandwiched it. It was supposed to be my goal for March, but I mistakenly said I wanted to fnish the House quilt, which there was no way that was getting done and then Nina's contribution of destroying a whole block . . .

Anyway, I've decide this is my goal for this month. It's sandwiched and I'm going to "tie" quilt this one and then bind it. 

Can't wait to have this UFO done :)

I'm linking back to Sew Bittersweet Designs.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great choice for tying! I like it, red center or no, and it will be a wonderful snuggle-under option. Have a great stitchy week!

Allie said...

I think it will be perfect tied! My first quilt took me 20 years - it's still my favorite. I was self-taught, so I made every mistake you could, but it turned out wonderfully. Lovely quilt hon, and won't it be fun to snuggle under after all that time!