Thursday, February 20, 2014

It's DONE !!!!!

Block #2 of A Long Time Ago in Bethlehem is DONE :) :) :)


Focusing on the details:


I love that this block adds some satin stitching. I added the beads instead of doing French knots. Not that I have anything against them, just wanted to add something different. I also added gold metallic thread for a little sparkle.


The "rope" is loosing stitched pearl cotton; the small chest has a gold bead for the knob.


I loved the satin stitching on the bridle, turkey stitch for his eye lash. And tiny tassels made from floss. Doesn't that face just ooze attitude?

Overall, I'm very please with the results.

On to the next project . . .


This is on the agenda for Thursday evening. I spent the day with Mom. Spring cleaning has begun. Once we did the basic weekly cleaning, we headed to the kitchen and went through the first set of cabinets to clean, reorganize and purge. I started this block this morning waiting for the bus with Newton. I think it will go fairly quickly. If you haven't started and would like to, here is your link. This is the third of twelve, so you still have plenty of time.


It's time again ! It just flies. You can sign up here and join us for a virtual sewing/stitching/quilting circle/bee :) I have a couple of UFOs to finish and knock off my list. So get your favorite movie or audio book, a favorite beverage, some chocolates and go to town. Let's get those projects done and the UFO list knocked out.



Have you signed up or thought about participating? I think this is an excellent opportunity to do something for ourselves for 30 minutes a day for 30 days. Add to your wardrobe, make a new quilt top for yourself, finish that project that's been driving you loopy because you just can't seem to find the time. I've started my list of somethings I would like to do.

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative week.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He DOES have attitude! I love the way you finished him. The beads and metallic thread were a stroke of genius. This is such a wonderful block. Your quilt is going to be beautiful.

e said...

Thank you so much. I'm having a great time working on it. My focus is renewed because this block went much faster than the first one. Block 3 is on the agenda for Friday Night Sew-In. Have a good weekend.