Friday, March 13, 2015

Good Day, Friday

It's been a good day, this Friday :)


(image found on internet)

I finally got to spend a morning with BFF. Seems like it's been a really long time since we've had any face-time, although we talk on the phone several times a day. There's always lots of catching up, sharing of projects and goodies.

Our latest exchange included a new book.


Have you ever heard of Mountmellick Embroidery. I had not. So we ordered and received books. It's white on white embroidery with some GORGEOUS stitching, as the cover alludes to. BFF thinks we need to challenge ourselves to learn new things for our craft every year. I've contributed to the challenge in various ways and we are both sharing and learning a lot. Both of us need to step out of our comfort zones and expand our horizon and we are.

After our visit, I stopped at the library to make copies of the patterns I will need to stitch, especially if I join her in the class next week. I'm still debating about the class because it's a good distance away, but I would like to go and be able to spend the time together doing something we both enjoy. 


Once I got home, I started working on what I felt needed to be accomplished today.


I re-drew and re-assembled my December house quilt block. I will work on getting it stitched in the next week so I can continue on with my goal of getting it quilted. It will not get done in March as I would have liked, but those things happen. At least there isn't still a big, gaping hole in it.

I also worked on my swap apron. I finished one and decided I wasn't 100% pleased witih the outcome, so I started another one. It's about half done and will be fnished on Saturday.


I received some very pleasant surprises in today's mail. 


My buddy, Susan, blessed me with these 9-patches. They are gorgeous and I wasn't expecting them. So goody for me. She apparently knows me pretty well because the majority are in my favorite color - blue. The red/green/white block is the Christmas 9-patch and love it too.


The second surprise, was my Quilter's Garden swap block. Absolutely love it. It's from Linda in West Virginia. I love her color choices and it will fit into my quilt beautifully.


Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting for my pincushion. I forget where it's coming from, but it was mailed. Going to see the Hobbit movie at the cheap theater today. Another glorious rainy day, but you are at least getting something accomplished!