Thursday, March 26, 2015

Still floating


Is it just me or does everyone get excited when they finish - or nearly finish a big project?
I'm still floating above the ground getting this one - the House quilt - to the sandwiching stage. That will happen on Friday and I will spend whatever free time and can over the weekend to do the quilting on the machine.

For now, I'm working on the label. I need to go back and make labels for Tilda and Gnome. And with the design I'm using for this one, I'm going to want to be equally creative with those. I'm still playing with the design, but the label has me as excited as the finish of this quilt top.


Something else that has me excited is a future project.


I found this series of 12 monthly calendar quilt patterns at a new-to-me quilt shop today on my way home from visiting my mom. My plan was to try and find fabrics for my Shoebox Swap at the end of the year, which I did find. One of these adorable quilts greeted you at the front door when you walked in. It was birds, flowers and a birdhouse. It definitely caught my attention. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was a series for the year. Not sure when I'll begin working on them since it's a new project and I have more than enough going right now and wanted my focus this year to be on UFOs. But it won't hurt to have the patterns waiting for me when I'm finally ready.


Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a GREAT year-long project. I like the blocks I can see on the cover.