Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Gifts

One of the best things about being a gardener (or gardener wannabe) is that everytime you look out your window or walk in your gardens you are given a gift.

Monday morning, Memorial Day, I opened the blinds on my diningroom windown. This window opens at the front of the house and it's the only garden completely weeded and mulched.

 

These are the beauties that greeted me.



Lavender Columbines. Aren't those curly-cues amazing?!


Azalea - This one is under my livingroom window and that garden still needs weeded, but the bush is doing rather well.

It's going to be in the 80s today. Sun is shining and it's a gorgeous morning. When I wasn't admiring my "gifts", I made time for some laundry and of course, stitching.  I managed another finish:


I'm not super thrilled with it, but I liked the idea when I started it. It's a little nightie for the warm evenings to come.

And I've managed to finish the last block of Tilda, row 2.

I still have three rows to go, but making progress.


* * * * *

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.

No comments: