Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Back in Business

I am finally back in business :)
Not literally, of course, but I am finally back to stitching and working on my projects. 


First, a bit of good news . . . I finally finished the applique on my Gnome for Christmas quilt designed by the lovely Wendy of Sugarlane Quilts. I will sandwich it over the weekend and then decide if I'm going to hand or machine quilt it.


Next up, a UFO !!!
I purchased this adorable mug rug kit from Quilt Doodle Designs last year. Fell in love with it because I love penguins. And, a crafter's worst night befell me . . . I traced the design and promptly ironed on the fusible web to the right side of the fabric instead of the wrong. I was so frustrated with myself that I just put it away until such time that I could just approach the project again and do it correctly. I only had to swap out one fabric - the hat - for a new one. Everything else had enough fabric in the package to cut new pieces. This time I did it correctly and should have a new project finished by the end of the week. (heavy sigh !!)



I wasn't going to start a new project because I have so many going and so many UFOs - haven't even been keeping up with them on my goal list :(
But the Jenny of Elefantz came up with a new design - FREE, no less !!!!
I've collected the first seven that have been published. Ms. Jenny is giving a new block each Monday. I printed off #7 on Monday, then decided to go ahead and cut the fabric and backing. This morning, I was on such a roll getting things done that I decided to go ahead and draw them off! How long do you think before I start stitching? Yeah, I'm afraid that it will be sooner than later, too :)


Ms. Sweetness herself is also hosting a give-away . . . 


and . . .  oh my goodness, how could there be more????
A new quilt design !!!!
Is this not absolutely adorable? Can't wait to get my hands on this one. Hurry, it's got a special price until August 1st !!!

* * * * *

Thank you for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are ahead of me on the Jenny blocks. I have to go see what I missed while my better computer was away. You say finally about Wendy's pattern as if you've been working on it for months and months! I think you did it lickety-split!

e said...

Lord's Prayer - I just love this design and am too excited to wait too long to work on it. Haven't put needle to fabric yet - but soon.

I felt like I was taking a long time working on Wendy's project. I have to keep reminding myself that I had VBS in there and although I had lots of help preparing for the week, I still had a lot of responsibilities. I've never worked a quilt from start to finish, so I'm not really sure how long it should take :)
As always, you are so encouraging. Thank you.