Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Independence Day


It is an absolutely gorgeous day here in the Northeast :)


Temperatures should be a mild mid to upper 70s. What a great way to start the weekend, but also some much needed relief from the 90s we've been experiencing over the last several weeks. The a/c and elelctric bill are also getting a much needed break as the windows and doors are open and enjoying a beautiful breeze as I sit at my dining room table looking out at the street and sunshine.
We finally got some much needed rain last evening, so everything is crips and bright this morning.


I figured out a way to keep the deer away from my precious plants - old bird cages that were headed to the recycle plant that I have repurposed . . . clever girl! They say necessity is the motherhood of invention. Well, in my case, it's the motherhood of necessity :) It worked - at least until they figure out how to move them. Newton put them down in the ground for me. So here's hoping we're successful.


Isn't this a gorgeous onion bloom? I'm going to try and collect the seeds for onions next year - save some $$$.

* * * * * 

Off to my sewing machine. 

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you all a gorgeous creative day.

And let's not forget what we are celebrating today. 

We al take too much for granted and today was paid with a very heavy price.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Independence Day. That onion bloom IS gorgeous. Hope the seeds work out. I think it should if it isn't a hybrid variety.