Tuesday, August 27, 2013

All this quiet......

It's the first day of school.......


what do I do with all this quiet??

Newton decorated and came up with the "0".  He put happy and sad faces for the decoration.  Very creative and definitely shows his sense of humor.

I spent the first part of my morning completing my usual daily chores.....


which includes my to-do list and reading in my current book.  This one by Fern Michaels is the most recent in the Godmother series.

Trying something new for dinner:  venison roast.  Honey Do got a new marinade from Pops for his birthday, so it went in the fridge last night and in the crockpot this morning.


I've never done a roast before.  I'm must more comfortable with ground venison and making chilli.



As bright and sunny as yesterday was, today is overcast with rain forecast.




There are still blessings to be found


even among the weeds


Have you ever seen an orange rose?  This one really needs to be moved, maybe this autumn.  I chose it because it was so different from anything I've seen before.  This was among the first we purchased for my gardens - that are sorely in need of my attention.  It's been a busy summer and we all know how quickly the weeds take over.  No excuse.

And next to my roses, my next favorite is the geranium.  Salmon colored have always been a favorite and this one managed to survive the past winter for a second year of blooms.


The overcast, rainy day makes it really hard to get motivated, but there are projects waiting to be made and finished.  I better get busy even though all I want to do is nap.

Thanks for stopping by


(This is my "mother's day" rose.  I trimmed it back about a month ago after the first blooms.  I'm being greatly rewarded for the effort with a second round of blooms.  I never thought I would have anything this beautiful and perfect growing in my garden.  God is SO good.)

Wishing you a creative Tuesday.



No comments: