Monday, August 5, 2013

Busy Monday




Today was a busy day.  "Newton" had a doctor's appointment, so after "Honey-Do" left for work, we left for the appointment.  We had a new doctor today and he was late.  He was nice, but we still spent more time there than we wanted.  There's only 22 days left until school begins, so these appointments must be kept.

The rest of my day was spent working on household chores:  laundry, dinner, pets.  I did manage to get in some phone time with my BFF.  She's working on a quilt and quilting by hand.  I'm working on a BOM.  It's about 1/2 done.  I even managed to get a few minutes organizing my work space.  It's in desperate need of that attention.  I can't wait until it's done.  I even got some garden time in today.  The roses are pruned and new shoots are appearing.  Hoping to get some new blooms before the end of the growing season.


My little garden helper, Missy Peanut :)


She comes around almost daily for her peanut "fix".  She's been coming around 3 or 4 years now.


Tonight's dinner was super easy.  Here's your recipe:

Fiesta Chicken

4 - bonesless, skinless chicken breasts
1 - 16 oz. jar of salsa
1 - 15 oz. can of black beans

Layer in your crockpot, cook on low for about 3 hours.  Serve with rice, top with shredded cheese.

Enjoy.




(downloaded from Pinterst)

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you have a great day.

2 comments:

Melody said...

Missy Peanut is adorable.

e said...

Isn't she? We just love having her visit almost daily from about March/April until the snow flies again in October/November. I pray every year that she survives for another summer.