Monday, August 19, 2013

Weekend Catch-UP

It has been a challenging weekend without a computer.  My laptop came up with a warning that it "detected an issue with the cooling system, shut down immediately and return for service".  Needless to say, I'm not impressed :(  So today, I'm blogging from the library.  Thank the good Lord there are computers available for the general public.  For once, I'm not going to complain about our tax dollars at work.

That didn't stop me from staying busy, however.  First off, Friday Night Sew-In.  Couldn't wait.  And I have finishes :)  Great-nephew #9's quilt is done !!  I absolutely love it


Aren't the baby dinosaurs adorable?  They are actually leftover from pajamas I made for Newton for his first Christmas with us - 2004 !!  He was three years old :)  I didn't calculate my needs, so I have enough squares leftover to make another baby quilt for great #10 due between Christmas and New Year's and a twin size quilt for Newton :)

Once I finished #9's I was on a roll and got all the strips for #10's put together and pinned to complete the top.  I even managed to get a few stitches on my Beauty Butterfly.  So happy :)

Saturday rolled around too early and with too much to do.  Some unplanned appointments and new stresses helped with my procrastination - not that I need any help int hat department - thank you very much :)
Newton spent the day at Young Marines.  I spent the day cleaning and baking in anticipation of visitors.

After breakfast, I mixed up batter and baked six loaves of zucchini bread.  Once they were in the oven, I finished my straightening, dusting and vacuuming.


Back in the kitchen, I sliced and blanched more zucchini to put in the freezer for zucchini pie.



I'm still not finished, another zucchini was found in the garden this morning.  So these are still waiting for attention.


All the goodies are worth the effort, not just for the coming winter but next year's garden as well.


Does anyone else compost?  It cuts down on the smelly trash, but the ground in the garden benefits and keeps the ground healthy.  We are then rewarded with more produce next year.... provided the deer don't eat it first.  They are thoroughly enjoying my tomatoes this year.

I would be remiss in thanking Honey Do for all his help too....



Oh, he was keeping Taz from being underfoot :)

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative Monday.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to have a honey who is so helpful. =) Again, you were so busy! I love the quilt you finished, and that you had enough leftovers for another one. And that you have so many grands, you number them. =) What a bountiful blessed life. Zucchini pie? Now that sounds interesting. I'm going to follow you by e-mail, because you sound like my kind of quilter/preserver!

e said...

Honey Do is priceless.

I wouldn't have had so much left over if I hadn't been over-zealous in cutting out, but will make for "job-security".

May "grands" are actually "greats" as in great nephews and a niece. Counting them is a fun way to keep track of them.

Zucchini Pie - it's in the Betty Crocker cookbook. If you need/want it, I will be glad to share. It is Honey Do's favorite quiche.