Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Catch-up . . .

The weekend seems like such a long time ago.  It's hard to believe it's only Tuesday.  So here's to catching up :)


I left Saturday saying that I had finished my little crocheted mat.  I love it.  I love the color variations and am thrilled with the end result. 


I used a single crochet and caught only the back loops on the return rows to make the ribbed pattern.  Very pleased.




Sunday, I spent furiously sewing two additional projects for BFF's Christmas gift:  
A little fleece dog coat

and a fleece hat

with ear flaps.


                   

BFF and her little pup did me the honor of modeling their gifts.  We finally met today for "our Christmas".  We enjoyed breakfast and fellowship before we got to our exchange.  Both of us were very happy with our gifts.  I'll have to share more about that later.


On my way home I stopped at a scrapbook store that I enjoy. The store is, unfortunately, going out of business.  It's one of the bigger franchises, so it's a real shame to see it happen.


Last year, my niece got married (the new mama).  She sweetly gave us wedding pictures for Christmas.  I'd been wanting to put her pictures in a pretty frame.  So last week, I finally got the frame.


The trip to the scrapbook store was to look for wedding embellishments to dress up the frame.  The selection wasn't great, but I did manage to find these two doves holding hearts that say "love". 
I'm rather pleased with the results. They are a beautiful family and we love the groom as much as if he had been a part of our family all along.

  
 My other stop on the way home was the fabric store.  I know I said I wasn't going to buy any new fabric, but I just couldn't resist.


This stack of reds and greys I purchased on Sunday. They are for a pattern I got last autumn for a redwork design.  I got a yard of each at $2.49/yard.  See why I couldn't walk by . . .



  
These two beauties were remants. Lately, I've really been drawn to dots - all sizes. The print in the foreground looks like swirling wind to me and I thought it would be perfect for the snowman quilt I found here. So I'm collecting for that project.  It's a block of the month.


These pretty pinks are going to be a Valentine's day pillow.  Again, $2.49/yard !!


These greens were also $2.49/yard !! I'm playing with an idea for this one.  I'll share more about that later :)


As I was catching up my blog-reading this evening, I came across a new design.  

You can download the pattern, supply list and all the particulars from Val Laird. She always has some of the prettiest designs and is again, one of the most generous ladies I've come across in blog-land.



 

This sweet angel was permitted to go home Saturday evening.  We got to enjoy his company for several hours.  Lots of love around this one.  


God had truly blessed us - all of us.  He looks like his mommy.


Thank you so much for stopping by and allowing me to share,

Wishing you a productive day.

Love'n'hugs,

e

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Edi! What a cram-packed post - and I'm so far behind in reading blogs! First, I love the Christmas exchange. Look forward to seeing yours, too. She doesn't read your blog? Second, the wedding photo framing is really nice. I think the two doves were just enough addition. Then, the fabrics, oh my gosh, what a nice haul. $2.49/yard, how could you pass that up? No post with baby pictures is anything less than perfect. Beautiful baby, lucky with all the love.

e said...

BFF - no she doesn't. She's very encouraging, but doesn't spend much time on a computer. It's not her thing.
It was a rather lengthy blog, but that's what happens when you don't keep up daily. I am enjoying the blogging, but it's not always my priority. Some days I don't feel like I have anything to share and then the next I get this one. Oh well, I'm sure as I settle back into my "normal routine" it'll become a little more "even". Thanks for all your encouragement. Yeah, $2.49 WAS a really good price. It's amazing how expensive fabric has become. Have a blessed day.