Monday, January 20, 2014

Friends

Do you have a friend like this?



How about this?




I am so blessed and fortunate to say that I do.  I have know my BFF since we were 13 and in 7th grade together.  We both moved to a new community within months of each other.  The age of 13 is the worst time for a girl and a move like that is awful.  Neither one of us are very out-going and making friends is difficult.  I was told many years after our friendship bloomed and blossomed that her parents prayed for a friend for their daughter.  I was that friend.  I now consider them my second parents and have for quite awhile.  Their family has led me to Christ.

BFF and I talk on the phone daily - many times during the day.  We have helped each other through rough times and happy.  We encourage each other to try new things.  We push each other out of our comfort zones.

We know each other so well we finish each other's sentences. We have such similar tastes that we more often than not work on the same crafting projects.  

I hope and pray that you have a friend that lifts you up, helps dust you off and encourages you to put one foot in front of the other . . . especially on those days when just opening your eyes is a struggle.  We all need a BFF in our lives.


Making great progress on Bethlehem.


This menagerie is growing quickly.  If I can keep up this pace, one block a month will be very attainable.




As I was reading some of today's blogs this morning, I found a link on The House on the Side of the Hill.  Melody always has a link to a blog that is offering a free pattern or tutorial.  I had to try today's link at The Pickled Pepper Patch.

Above are my "pattern" pieces.  The white circles are cut from a large foam craft sheet; the "pennies" are cut from thin cardboard packaging; the hearts are wood.


You'll have to scroll down a bit, but it will be worth your time to find this pretty little penny mat.  I'm preparing my wool pieces as I do this blog.  So maybe tomorrow, I'll have one too. :)


Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.

Love'n'hugs,

e








2 comments:

Wendyb said...

Isn't it amazing how God puts people into our pathways??? Blows me away every time!!!! Your Bethlehem is looking great....your stitching is gorgeous girl!!!!......am loving that penny mat too....will have to go look see!!!! xox big sugary ones sweety! :o)

e said...

Wendy, I count you among my blessings daily. I can't tell you how much I am enjoying Bethlehem. And it is going much faster than I thought it would. The penny mat hasn't moved much passed the pattern stage because I've been working on something else. But I'm anticipating it will be done this week just the same. Love'n'BIGhugs.