Thursday, January 2, 2014

Something New

So did everyone have a good New Year's Day?  I spent a good portion of mine napping.  It's hard getting up and staying up at 5 a.m.  I tried to stay busy, but once the tired kicked in all I could do was give in . . .

Honey Do went back to work on today.  I wished he could have taken the rest of the week off, but it's probably easier to adjust to working two days, having two days off and going back full tilt on Monday for a full week.  Here's hoping and praying that work isn't too rough on him.

Honey Do spent New Year's Day watching college football and NHL hokey.  Newton helped out by shoveling snow from the driveway and since there really wasn't anything on television that interested him, he read and played in his room.

As for me, I learned something new - after my naps, cleaning up the kitchen - The cathedral window pin cushion.  I made one yesterday, but when I put it together I didn't like the way it turned out so I started a new one today.  I'm liking this one much better.




You can find the tutorial here.  It is very explicit and easy.  I absolutely love it.  I've been surfing the blogs and Pinterest and coming up with some new ideas for gifts this year.

Speaking of gifts, head on over to Wendy's and sign up for the new Birthday Love Stash.  You can get all the information and sign up to win monthly give aways.  This is a great opportunity to keep us on track and really think ahead about who we want to make for and what that special gift will be.  It's also a great excuse to use some of that stash.

Check out your favorite blogs, most of them have free patterns, guest blogging and tutorials they do to help us along.  I'm constantly amazed at the generosity of our fellow bloggers.  If they aren't teaching or giving something away, they are telling us who is.  They want you to take advantage.  On the same token, if they are selling patterns and books, we should support them in their shops.


Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.

Love'n'hugs,

e





No comments: