Thursday, December 12, 2013

Feeling Productive

It was soooo cold today - my car said 11 degrees (F) !!!!  Newton and I had to go out to an appointment this morning and I have been cold the rest of the day !!!  But it ended up being a really productive day. I knew that I would have a good chunk of time to myself - at least a couple of hours of waiting. I took the dish rag I was working on and finished it. 


I drew off my snowmen yesterday and got this much done sitting in the waiting room.  I feel I have made good progress on it.  I have some ideas running in my head for dressing it up a bit. This project will be my main focus for the next few days.



Everyone knows that I'm a huge fan of Pinterest. Little over a year ago, I didn't even know what it was.  Now I'm on it almost daily.  I'm a fairly avid gardener.  I love my vegetable garden. I have seen numerous pins on Pinterest about vegetables you can grow from scraps in your kitchen. So I've tried and have started celery in my garden, but it likes a lot of water and cooler temperatures. Here is my attempt at "winter" celery :)  I made soup last week and cut off the root end.  I put it in a dessert cup , added water  and put it in my kitchen window.  This is about a week old.  It's growing really fast.  I'm thrilled.  Wouldn't it be nice to grow your next supply of a vegetable from the scrap of the last one?  I see nothing wrong with at least trying. I'll keep you posted :)


Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a creative day.

Love'n'hugs.

Edi


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your celery makes a pretty plant at this point, too. I'll be interested in seeing what happens next! Love your snowman! He's a cutie.

e said...

Thank you. I've added another celery, onion and romain lettuce. Keeping those fresh veggies handy :) Yes it is pretty.
I love these little snowmen. I can wait to finish and see how they turn out. Love'n'hugs. e