Wednesday, July 1, 2015

A Lovely Year of Finishes

alyof2015

This month's goal:


This quilt is 20+ years old. It's my very first attempt at machine piecing (is it still considering "piecing"?).
It was supposed to take one weekend - Saturday and Sunday - to complete the top.
I ran out of the red tonal fabric and could not find another scrap of it.
In my inexperience, I didn't know how to finish it and didn't have enough experience to ask. 

As I was preparing my goals for this link up, I had decided this one WOULD be finished this year. It's sooner than I had planned because I got over excited and planned it when I meant to plan another quilt (which isn't done yet either).

This is now the third month that it has been a goal. I was determined to get it finished, even though a week ago I didn't think that was going to be possible.



And . . . I didn't make it. . . again !!!!!

But I got so very close.


I have 1/4 of the fourth side of the second border to quilt, then the binding.

It was just one of those days. I was making such good progress and then just ran out of time. Once the family is home, my personal time becomes theirs. And that's as it should be.
Dinner was made, kitchen cleaned up.
Honey Do defragmented and cleaned up my computer - I just know enough to get me into trouble.
Newton had an appointment after dinner.
Honey Do and I watched a movie together - something we haven't done for a very long time.

So it now becomes my goal for July. IT WILL GET DONE !!!!

Follow the link above to see how everyone else's goal worked out. That's where I'm headed.
Some yummy-ness arrived by post . . .


Aren't these gorgeous? !!!
Not sure what they will become, but I just couldn't resist.
Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those fabrics are very Jenny-like. =) I just bought some end pieces from the Quilted Castle along those lines, too.

You will finish this month - you're too close not to! LOL

Melody said...

Love those cute puppy pics