Friday, July 31, 2015

Spring Row - House #2

Let me start out by saying that quilt piecing is not, I repeat, NOT my strong suit.

Having said that, this quilt has A LOT of piecing. That's the point, isn't it?

I cut out all the pieces Thursday morning before I left to go to Mom's. After dinner, when all my daily chores were completed and I didn't have to get interrupted, I set about putting this block together.
By bedtime, I had a new house.




 I know it's not perfect, but I'm ok with that :)

Needle-turn applique is frustrating to me as well, but the only way to get better at something is to keep working on it and that's what I've chosen to do with this project.
I still have a second window and the peak of the roof to applique in place. 
Then I want to do some embellishing.

I'm also thinking about trying the quilt-as-you-go method on these two quilts. I need to do some research and make a decision. I like the idea that I could have a quilt completely finished except for borders and binding by the time I get to the last row. That's pretty appealing :)

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.


2 comments:

dq said...

I can't wait to see it with the archway. Cute cute cute!

Anonymous said...

Looks great to me! Your dog is growing into a monster size. ;)