Sunday, July 5, 2015

Independence Day Weekend

July fourth is always a big holiday celebration for summer. People spend time doing extra chores, grilling, meeting with friends and family, going to parades.


It was a very productive weekend at my house. Sunday found me exhausted :) But it felt good.

The best part of the weekend was that my family worked together on projects. Normally I do these things on my own or they just don't get done.


I worked on my bench - it was in desperate need of water-proofing. I scrubbed it clean on Friday and added the stain on Saturday. Honey Do added a second coat early afternoon, while I worked on something else.


Friday, Newton weeded the "herb" garden. I have debated of several years whether or not to just let this garden go. I have a difficult time maintaining it, mostly because there is poisin ivy and it always finds me.



So the decision was finally made on Saturday to let the garden go and it would become grass again. It will make it easier for Newton to mow and one less garden for me to maintain.


Newton's job on Saturday was to paint this picket fence - which he absolutely did not want to do. Eventually, we all pitched in. It has some fine tuning that needs to be done, but I'm going to do that next weekend.


We grilled - check that, Honey Do grilled :)  The rest of us ate. Boy was it yummy too. My motivatioin for cooking lately is really lacking, so I'm doubly blessed that he enjoys doing it and it always ends up tasty. This steak and shrimp were leftovers !!! I know, really?


I managed to get some sewing time in to work on the binding of the Trip-Around-the-World quilt. Rocky, of course, supervised.

I hope you all had a restful, productive weekend - is that an oximoron?

Anyway . . .

Thanks for stopping by,

Wishing you a day filled with creativity.



4 comments:

dq said...

So, did Newton weed the very spot that you tilled up later? That's ok, some good weed pulling builds character. He can be grateful when he mows instead of weeds.

I like to pull weeds when I get started although you wouldn't know it form looking at my place. I have 10 acres to keep up which is impossible really.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Ugh I hate doing yard work - I leave that for the boys, lol!!! I love your garden bench. Such a cute pic of your baby curled up...

dq said...

Edi, please check your email again. I sent you the patterns again. They are coming from a different email than the Quilter's Garden emails. Look for an email from DJ.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a lovely holiday weekend. You got a lot accomplished and, sometimes, we just have to let something go. It's okay!